Co-Founder, Operations & Management
Imani works as a qualified Holistic Health Practitioner, Events Manager and Trainer in KMT Rising.
The mission of her company is to assist in the empowerment and positive transformation of individuals and groups across the globe.
She has extensive working leadership experience as a Curriculum manager and Quality Assurance Lead across Suffolk.
Imani’s personal journey is a testimony to her drive and determination towards the advancement of all people who want to improve their quality of life. Coming to England in 1976 and having to deal with racism within the society and in the education system she experienced self-doubt, obesity, internalised oppression and teenage motherhood. Through this journey she developed her own inner resources and resilience to overcome fear and self-doubt leading her to DARE TO BE BOLD! This journey has created the dynamic, inspirational leader, motivator, healer and spiritual development facilitator we see today.
Imani is the Director of KMT Rising and a Co-Founder at Be Me Like We Ltd. With over 30 years of extensive people skills and leadership experience in the field of Education and Quality Assurance, she works to help transform lives through Holistic Health and Equalities. Her work locally, nationally, and internationally as a Lecturer, Author, Mindfulness Trainer, and Holistic Health Practitioner has helped hundreds of people to transform their lives.
Imani’s personal journey is a testimony to her drive, tenacity, and determination towards the empowerment of all people. Through her own personal journey towards self-actualisation, she now supports others to tap into their inner resources, resilience to overcome fear, anxiety and self-negation so that they can be their healthier and authentic selves.
An inspirational leader, author, group facilitator, coach, and Equalities consultant.
KMT Rising offers a range of Holistic Health and Empowerment Services for individuals, groups and organisations, specialising in Mindfulness, stress reduction, women’s womb-health, meditation, confidence-building, and energy work.
KMT Rising customers, medium to large businesses and organisations have commented that Imani’s work is ’transformative’, ‘truly life-changing’, ‘inspiring’, ‘powerful’, ‘absolutely necessary’, challenging people to go beyond the norm.
Her annual ‘Exhale’ event in Suffolk offers a weekend for women to come together in a safe, supportive and transformative space to educate, liberate and empower themselves to WELLNESS.
KMT Rising customers have commented that Imani’s work is ’truly life-changing’, ‘inspiring’, ‘absolutely necessary’, and that it ‘challenged me to change for the better’!.
Projects Worked On
- Women on the rise!
- Men’s empowerment in prison
- Race Hate Crime Buddy Scheme
- Summer of Health – London
- Noire Wellness Hubs – London
- Fibroids lecture – University of West Indies, Dominica
- The Womb-an Series online Webinars
- Empowering Black Men in Suffolk prisons
- Creative visualisation for women
- Mindfulness meditation
- Life coaching for beginners
- Professional coaching
- The Art of Breathing
- Community development – Black perspective
- African queens throughout history
- Equality and Diversity
- BA Hons in Education 2:1
- Diploma in Youth and Community Work
- Internal Verifier
- Diploma in Holistic Health
- Diploma in Acupressure
- Homeopathy for the home
Roles and Appointments
- Director of KMT Rising
- Co-Director BeMeLikeWe
- Co-Founder Global Fibroid Alliance
- Curriculum manager
- Professional and Wellness Coach
- Holistic Health Practitioner
- Freelance writer
- Event manager at Exhale
- Group director and facilitator of Women’s Womb-wellness group
- Community Outreach volunteer
- Chair or Suffolk African History Collective (Volunteer)
- Chair of Race for Change (Volunteer)
- Secretary of Windrush Select Committee
Key Project Portfolios
- Exhale events
- Womb-wellness support groups
- Dare to be YOU! – Project
- Women in the Caribbean Online Wellness Hub
- Working on her book on fibroids due out in November 2020